Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Unlovable Book Review

Unlovable by Dan Yaccarino introduces the reader to a Pug named Alfred.  No one seems to like the portly pooch.  All anyone ever tells Alfred is that he is unlovable.

Alfred spends most of his days alone hoping to find a friend.  One day, new neighbors move in next door.  He soon discovers that they have a dog!  Could this new pup be the friend Alfred has been dreaming of?

I found this to be a touching and heartwarming story.  I fell in love with Alfred on page one and rooted for him the whole way.  Being the proud pet parent to several differently-abled animals, I know all too well how cruel others can be.  Some heartless souls have had the nerve to call my furry babies "ugly" and "weird," but I could not care less.  In my eyes, they are perfect.  I believe that readers both young and old will be able to relate to Alfred and his search for friendship. 

Yaccarino's illustrations are simplistic yet stunning.  Alfred could not be any cuter.  I also like his bold color choices and use of smooth lines.

Readers of all ages will enjoy this touching tale. 




No comments:

Post a Comment