Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Schnitzel von Krumm's Basketwork Book Review

Everyone's favorite Dachshund is back in a brand new adventure!  Schnitzel von Krumm loves his beat up basket.  Sure the cushion is chewed up and the blanket smells funny, but to him, his bed is perfect.

Suddenly, Schnitzel's world is turned upside down when his family decides that he needs a new bed.  The luxury basket is roomy and smells fresh and clean.  But all of the newness makes for one unhappy ween.

Will Schnitzel ever see his beloved basket again?  Can he learn to embrace change and enjoy what his new bed has to offer?

I absolutely love this book!  My furry babies are very particular about their beds as well.  I can definitely relate to the smelliness of beds and blankets that are well loved by my pack.  I also love how the story introduces the complex concept of change to children.  As an adult, I know that I struggle with things suddenly changing. 

Lynley Dodd's illustrations are hilarious and heartwarming.  Dog lovers of all ages will fall in love with Schnitzel von Krumm and his adorable facial expressions.  This book is a great read and would make a wonderful gift for pet parents.



No comments:

Post a Comment