Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Dear Mrs. LaRue Letters from Obedience School Book Review

Dear Mrs. LaRue Letters from Obedience School written and illustrated by Mark Teague tells the tale of a misunderstood pooch, Ike.  After a series of unfortunate events, Mrs. LaRue decides to send Ike to the Brotweiler Canine Academy for obedience training.

Ike sends Mrs. LaRue letters daily describing the horrible conditions that he is in.  He relentlessly pleads his case requesting to come home immediately.  Will Ike ever learn how to be a good dog?  Will Mrs. LaRue ever forgive Ike for his transgressions?

I absolutely loved this book!  My interest was peaked from start to finish.  I love that the story is epistolary (told all in letters).  Ike has a very distinctive voice and style that can be seen in each letter.  I also love the fact that the story is told from the dog's point of view.  I am quite sure that my own furry pack have some stories to tell.

Teague's illustrations are fantastic.  I love the way that he combines Ike's reality with his imagination.  This is a wonderful story for dog lovers of all ages.  I cannot wait to read the next book in the LaRue series.




No comments:

Post a Comment