Saturday, January 13, 2018

Theo Petsies Plush Product Review

My mother asked me what I wanted for my birthday.  I told her that I really wanted was a custom Pesties plush of my oldest dog, Theo.  At 14 years of age, I know that I will unfortunately not have Theo in my life forever.

The past five months have seen several major health issues afflict my furry best friend.  Theo had sudden onset glaucoma in his right eye and lost his vision immediately.  While losing his sight, we also thought that he had had stroke.  Theo was admitted to Veterinary Specialty Services in Missouri multiple times.

While at VSS, we made the decision to proceed with a CT scan and spinal tap. Thankfully, he was given a clean bill of health and a diagnosis of being an old dog.  Theo recently underwent an eight hour test to see if he has Cushing's disease.  The results were negative!

This made my desire for a Petsies plush of Theo quite strong.  I want to have something amazing to remember Theo by when his time comes.  Yes, I will definitely have the wonderful memories, fur covered clothing and worn out doggie sweaters.  But I wanted something more.

My husband and I ordered our first Pesties in honor of our differently-abled Dachshund, Hope.  The product of a backyard breeder, she was born without eyes and is completely deaf.  We were completely blown away when her plush arrived.

I knew that my Pesties of Theo was going to be amazing.  However, I had not fully prepared myself for the awesomeness that was to come.  The large, white box arrived with the word  PETSIES emblazoned on the sides.  My hands trembled as I slowly pulled off the packing tape.

I caught a glimpse of the tan fur.  Gently parting the tissue paper, I removed the plush.  My eyes welled with tears.  Theo's plush was perfect!




Theo's custom Petsies plush!





I love the texture of the fur!



As I inspected Theo's twin, I noticed the subtle details that Petsies had captured.  I had not told them that Theo's brown nose has black flecks in it.  Nor did I tell them about the scar on his front left leg made by a hot spot that took forever to heal.



The infamous hot spot scar.



Petsies did not simply copy Theo from the photos that I sent.  They actually took the time to pour over the images and detect the finite details and characteristics that make Theo the fantastically unique pooch that he is.



Theo and his twin!



I could not be happier with my Petsies plush.  Now, I have an amazing keepsake that will help keep my best friend in my life forever.  To create your own custom Petsies, visit their website at:  https://www.mypetsies.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment