Tuesday, January 2, 2018

My Name is Bob Book Review

My Name is Bob by James Bowen and Garry Jenkins tells the incredible true story of a stray cat who was destined for fame.  Bob had not always been a stray.  He once belonged to a sweet, old woman.  When the woman passed away, Bob had nowhere to go.

He soon found himself wandering the cold streets of London, homeless.  After getting into a fight with a resident street cat, Bob found his way to James Bowen, a local street performer.  Seeing that Bob was injured, Bowen took him in and cared for his wounds.  What happened next was the beginning of a lifelong friendship that can never be broken.

I absolutely adore this story.  I truly believe that animals have a way of knowing which human is in need of their affection.  I also love true stories involving rescued animals.  We rescued our cat, Miracle, from the middle of Main Street in our town when she was just two weeks old.  Stories that involve animals getting a second chance at life make my heart smile.

Animal lovers of all ages will be captivated by Bob's journey from stray to celebrity.  As told from Bob's point of view, readers will be drawn to his quiet personality and charm.  The illustrations by Gerald Kelley are wonderful and rich.  I love the depth and emotion that each illustration contains.

My favorite part of the book is the photo album in the back.  I love getting to see how happy Bob and James are living their lives together.  I would highly recommend this book to readers both young and old.



No comments:

Post a Comment