Wednesday, January 3, 2018

The Happy Tale of Two Cats Book Review

Two cats living on the very same street are leading very different lives.  Happy is surrounded by a family who loves her.  The unhappy cat spends most of her time being yelled at by her family.

One day, the unhappy cat's family moves away and leaves her behind.  Will the unhappy cat be able to find shelter?  Will she ever find someone to love her?

I greatly enjoyed this book.  This story especially touched my heart because I have a passion for rescue animals.  All of my cats were strays at one time.  I love how this story raises awareness about the fact that not all animals are in loving homes.

Jessica Warrick's illustrations are delightfully adorable.  Animal lovers of all ages will fall in love with Happy and the unhappy cat.  I also love the sketch look that the illustrations have.  Hand drawn  illustrations are my favorite because it truly showcases the talent of the illustrator.

Overall, this is a wonderful read with a powerful message.  I would highly recommend gifting this book to a child that is in the process of adopting a cat. 



No comments:

Post a Comment