Thursday, January 4, 2018

Grumpy Cat's First Worst Christmas Book Review

Internet sensation Grumpy Cat stars in Grumpy Cat's First Worst Christmas.  Grumpy's friend, Pokey, tries everything she can think of to get Grumpy Cat in the holiday spirit.  She suggests making a snow-cat, decorating the Christmas tree and even baking cookies for Santa.

Grumpy Cat cannot seem to find anything to like about the most wonderful time of the year.  Instead, she wants to live in her wonderland of NO.  Will Pokey be able to change Grumpy Cat's mind and keep her off of Santa's naughty list?

I am a huge Grumpy Cat fan, however, I was greatly disappointed with this book.  I found Grumpy Cat to be too grumpy and very depressing.  While I did chuckle at several instances of Grumpy Cat's grumpiness, I do not feel that the few laughs saved the book.

There also seems to be no plot to the story.  The whole theme is simply Grumpy Cat hating Christmas.  I do not think that this is a very good story to read to children, especially during the holidays, which are supposed to be happy and joyous occasions.

While I realize that Grumpy Cat's claim to fame are memes showcasing her sassy and grumpy attitude, this book is simply too one dimensional and melancholy for me.  I feel that this story is more geared towards adults who would better appreciate Grumpy Cat's personality.



No comments:

Post a Comment