Wednesday, January 3, 2018

The Lucky Tale of Two Dogs Book Review

Two dogs living on the very same street are leading very different lives.  Lucky is surrounded by a family who loves him.  The unlucky dog spends most of his time alone in the backyard.

One day, the unlucky dog breaks out of the fence that imprisons him.  He races down the street straight into heavy traffic.  Will the unlucky pooch be able to navigate his way through rush hour?  Will he ever find someone to love him?

I greatly enjoyed this book.  This story especially touched my heart because I have a passion for rescue animals.  All of my dogs were strays at one time.  They suffered horrible trauma both physical and mental at the hands of their former owners.  I love how this story raises awareness about the fact that not all animals are in loving homes.

Jessica Warrick's illustrations are delightfully adorable.  Animal lovers of all ages will fall in love with Lucky and the unlucky dog.  I also love the sketch look that the illustrations have.  Hand drawn  illustrations are my favorite because it truly showcases the talent of the illustrator.

Overall, this is a wonderful read with a powerful message.  I would highly recommend gifting this book to a child that is in the process of adopting a dog. 




No comments:

Post a Comment