Thursday, May 17, 2018

Treat Book Review

Mary Sullivan is back with more fun stories about dogs in her second book: Treat. The reader is introduced to an adorable Frenchie who longs for a treat. First, he tries scamming cereal from his youngest caretaker. Then he begs for hot dogs from the older sister. Grandma and Grandpa prove to be no help in the treat giving department either.

Even the baby is unwilling to help the poor pooch out. Will this friendly Frenchie ever get the treat that he longs for?

I am a huge fan of Mary Sullivan's work! I absolutely adored this book. To me, it read more like a comic book or graphic novel. I think this will definitely hold a young reader's attention.

Her cast of canine characters remind me of my own pack of rescued dogs. The facial expressions she uses are simply hilarious. From the perk of the ears to the wag of the tail, I was laughing at Frenchie through out the story.

This is a wonderful book for readers of all ages. Children will delight in the bright and fun illustrations and will root for the pudgy pooch on his quest for the illusive treat.




No comments:

Post a Comment