Friday, May 18, 2018

Ball Book Review

In Mary Sullivan's debut book, Ball, the reader is introduced to a portly pooch who loves his red ball.  Even more than his ball, he loves playing fetch with his little girl.  She happily throws the toy as she gets ready for school.

When she heads out to the bus, the poor pup seeks out other friends to play with.  Mom is too busy getting zen.  The baby is terrified of the large, red orb.  And the cat wants no part of that!  Will the playful canine ever find a ball-loving companion?

I love this book!  I am a huge Mary Sullivan fan.  I love how her stories read more like comic books and graphic novels.  The fast-paced story had me eagerly turning the pages.

Sullivan's illustrations are adorable and heartbreaking at the same time.  My eyes welled with tears at seeing the dog's sadness without his favorite playmate.  Children will fall in love with the energetic canine and cheer him on in his quest.

This is a wonderful read for children ages preschool and up.  I think this book would also make a fantastic gift for the animal lover in your life.




No comments:

Post a Comment