Friday, May 18, 2018

Sofa Dog Book Review

Sofa Dog by Leonie Lord follows one dog on his epic quest to reclaim his sofa.  Sofa Dog loves spending time on his sofa with his human Sophie.  They are soon interrupted by the neighbor's cats who also want to share the sofa. 

Sofa Dog makes room for the two cats and Sophie.  Then the doorbell rings and Sophie's three aunts have come to stay.  The sofa is getting more and more crowded.  Will there still be enough room for Sofa Dog?

I love this book!  I fell in love with Sofa Dog the moment I saw the cover.  Being the owner of five rescued dogs, I can totally relate to Sofa Dog's situation.  This usually happens with my lap.  Each dog believes that my lap is his/her property.  Somehow, my lap always seems to have room for one more.

Lord's illustrations are whimsical and fun.  I love the intricate detail of the flea.  Children will love the colorful cast of characters that seek the comfort of the sofa.  They will also cheer Sofa Dog on as he attempts to regain his favorite spot.

This is a great read for children ages 4-8.



No comments:

Post a Comment